This time I am bringing you all a delicious brunch recipe which is semi home made . This is a very short sweet post with some home made components and some store bought items . The whole idea behind this post is how to put it all together and enjoy this delicious brunch with your family , enjoy this in your patio or deck with you loved ones and make this day extra special
This brunch has several components , both home made and store bought . First let me list the items in it.
- Shakshuka (Home Made)
- Sriracha Hummus (Store Bought )
- Pita (Store Bought
- Yogurt Parfait (Home made)
- Orange Iced Tea (Home made)
I will explain the recipes for shakshuka , yogurt parfait and the iced tea first . Then in the end will explain how to arrange all the components for your brunch
First let’s see how to make Shakshuka . Shakshuka is a breakfast dish very popular in countries like turkey , morocco or Israel . This dish is basically poached eggs in a spicy gravy and its very very delicious to eat it as a brunch . The spicy tomato gravy complements so well with the eggs and its heaven when you dip your warm pitas in it . Now let’s see how to make this dish
- Eggs- 2
- Olive Oil- 1/2 TBSP
- Onions - Chopped 3 TBSP
- Garlic - Chopped 2 cloves
- Red Bell pepper - Chopped 2 TBSP
- Tomatoes- Chopped 1 medium
- Tomato Puree - 1 TBSP
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - As needed
- 1. In a skillet heat olive oil then add onions and garlic saute it till the raw smell goes and the onion is transparent
- 2. Now to this add cumin powder , paprika and salt saute for 30 seconds
- 3. Add red bell pepper saute for another 30 seconds .
- 4. To this add chopped tomatoes and tomato puree with little water and cook it for 30 seconds in medium heat .
- 5. Now make little wells in the tomato onion mixture . Break eggs and add one egg to each well .
- 6. Cover the skillet cook for 1 minute if you like wiggly yolk , 2 minutes for medium , I wouldn't recommend hard because it will burn the tomato base then
- 7. Optional garnish with some chopped parsley
Next we will go into the recipe for a delicious home made yogurt parfait. This recipe is inspired by a Rachel Ray recipe which I found when I was googling for an easy parfait recipe . So easy to make with few ingredients easily available in your pantry . I have made this using frozen mixed berries feel free to use any fruit of your choice like mangoes , peaches or even a mix of two different kinds of fruits and this is the simplest recipe I have made in my life LOL. So let’s see how it is made
- Frozen Mixed Berries- 3 Tbsp
- Yogurt- 3 Tbsp
- Granola- 2 Tbsp or more if you like
- 1. If you are using frozen fruit make sure you defrost it over night in the fridge
- 2. Next day morning just 5 minutes before you serve your breakfast you can arrange your parfait . You can use mason jars , glasses or bowls anything of your choice .
- 3. First layer do fruits , then yogurt and top it off with granola just before serving , this is just to avoid the granola being soggy
- Black Tea bags- 2
- Water - 2 cups
- Freshly squeezed orange juice- 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 2 tsp , more if you like it sweeter , also alternatively you can use honey , agave or maple syrup
- Orange Slice for garnish
- 1. Brew tea as usual , you can brew it in your method . I normally bring water to a rolling boil then add the tea bags to this hot water .
- 2. Add few ice cubes to this and add your favourite sweetener ,keep it in the fridge for like 15 minutes .
- 3. While the tea is cooling down we can make fresh orange juice . Squeeze 2 or 3 fresh oranges and sieve it to avoid any seeds getting into it.
- 4. Now the tea should be cool add this fresh orange juice to it and add sweetener if required . The tea is ready to be served , you can refrigerate it till its ready to be served
So these are the components of the semi home made brunch , you can make the iced tea and parfait in advance , then make the shakshuka and finally warm the pita and serve it all together .
Hope you will try my easy lovely brunch and let me know your feed back