Hello Everyone !!!
It has been a roller coaster for me this summer and it has been really hard to keep up with blogging sometimes . So that has been said , it is about time that I wrote something , need to push myself and publish all those in my drafts lol .
First and foremost , we culinary hoppers are back again with an exciting theme for this month . I missed it last time because of the busy schedule and decide no matter what it is to join this time . This month we are bringing dishes made out of potatoes , isn’t that exciting . I love potatoes in any form fried , deep fried , mashed any form . So when we decided on potatoes as this month’s theme , I thought I have to make my favourite breakfast dish Rosti . It is also know as potato pancakes very similar to latkes which is made in eastern Europe .
You all might be thinking what is this Rostii, never heard of it or never made of it . In simple words its a swiss breakfast dish made out of grated potatoes , you can also add other ingredients such as apple , bacon , green onions (infact any kind of greens) served with creme fraiche and smoked salmon . To make it more healthy and a vegetarian option , I have added some chopped Kale to it and served with a Poblano Yogurt dip. A little secret Kale and Poblano is home grown , attaching a picture of my home grown poblano and a recipe for the dips
- Poblano Pepper- 2 medium sized
- Greek Yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Salt- as needed
- Cumin seeds- roasted and coarsely grounded 1/4 tsp
- 1.Pre heat oven to 400 F
- 2. In a baking sheet line a parchment paper , place the pepper , spray some oil and grill it for 20 minutes or till the skin of the pepper changes to black color
- 3. Take it out of the oven , wait till it cools
- 4. Remove the skin and seeds , roughly chop the flesh and keep it aside
- 5. In a bowl keep yogurt , poblano , salt and roasted cumin mix it well
- 6. Chill it , check for seasoning before you serve
Now let’s see how to make this delicious pancake
- Potato- grated 3 medium
- Onion - half a medium sliced
- Garlic- 2 or 3 pods chopped
- Kale - chopped half a cup
- Salt- as needed
- Ground black pepper- as needed
- 1. Using a food processor or chopper shred the potatoes . Do not use a grater this will make it a mushy goop.
- 2. Soak this in salted water till you finish cutting the other ingredients
- 3. Drain and squeeze out extra water from potatoes. Add all the other ingredients to the potatoes and mix it using hand
- 4. Heat a pan/skillet , spray some oil and spread this potato mixture in medium sized rounds , cook it in medium to low heat till the potato is cooked .
- 5. Just leave the rostii as it is , spray some oil on it and turn it after a minute or two . Re[peat this till the potatoes are cooked
- 6. Serve hot with yoghurt
- 1. You can substitute spinach instead of kale
Hope you all enjoyed my recipe . Then you should check these delicious recipes from other blog hoppers
This recipe has been made as a part of blog hop with culinary hoppers