I am back !!!
I wasn’t on a sabbatical , it was getting extremely difficult for me to write a recipe with a full time job . Also my job is extremely demanding without a proper schedule and no routine , it was super hard to work on recipes even though I have tons of pictures on my computer. This week I took few days of leave to catch up on personal things and here you go I sat down to do what I really love and I think this is my true calling .
Today I am bringing you all a delicious gluten free curry which is a yogurt based gravy from Punjab . My recipe for today is a lip smacking punjabi style kadhi pakoda. I am not talking much going to recipe directly.
- Onions - one medium sliced
- Green chillies - 2 to 3
- Cilantro - chopped 1/2 cup
- Ajwain seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- as needed
- Chick pea flour - 5 tbsp or more if required
- Rice flour - 2 tbsp
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Water - 3 cups
- Chickpea flour- 3 tbsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Onion- 2 tbsp chopped
- Ginger- 1 tsp chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves chopped
- Green Chillies - 3 to 4
- Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala powder - a pinch
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Salt- as needed
- Cilantro - chopped for garnish
- 1. First mix all the ingredients for pakoda in a bowl with very little water and keep it aside
- 2. You can deep fry the pakoda , bake it or pan fry it . I pan fried it
- 3. Keep the fried pakodas aside
- 4. Mix yogurt , water , chickpea flour and turmeric , keep it aside.
- 5. Heat one tsp ghee in a sauce pan fry onions , ginger , garlic and green chillies . Now add red chilly powder and garam masala to it and fry well
- 6. Add the mixed yogurt gravy to it medium
- Heat bring to a boil . It will thicken if u want u can add bit more water to it and enough salt .
- 7. Add the pakodas to it and boil for two minutes , turn off the flame
- 8. Heat ghee in a separate pan fry cumin seeds , asafoetida and fenugreek seeds .. pour over the prepared kadhi .
- 9. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe. Show me some love by sharing in all social media platforms .