Hello Folks !!!
I know I am taking a lot of breaks in between my recipes , I have a lot on my plate right now and it gets really hard for me to find time to do things. I am squeezing my blogging and shooting in between because this is something which I am very passionate about . Anyhow I will just stop my rant now LOL , let me introduce this delicious dish to you all . I have made this as a part of blog hop with Culinary hoppers. This month our Culinary Hoppers team decided to make Gujarati Cuisine , which happened to be my favourite in Indian foods the subtle flavour and a wide variety of vegetarian/ vegan options those are the highlights of Gujarati Cuisine. To this delicious cuisine I am bringing a delectable snack which is super healthy , can be made in a jiffy especially you don’t know what you want to give your kids when they are back from school. This is a very healthy snack made out of chick pea flour , whole wheat flour ,your choice of veggies and some light spices . I served it with some masala chai and I was in heaven, you can also serve it with some spicy green chutney that makes it an excellent snack during rainy days . I am not talking much we will read about the recipe and how to make this delicious snack.
- Grated Carrot- 1/2 cup
- Grated Zucchini- 1/2 cup (squeeze out the water as much as possible)
- Whole wheat flour- 1 cup (for gluten free use millet flour)
- Yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Cilantro- chopped 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice- 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger Green chilli paste- 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves- 2 no
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda- a pinch (optional)
- Sugar- 1tbsp
- Salt- as needed
- Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida- 1/4 tsp
- White Sesame Seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Oil- 1 tsp
- 1. Combine all the ingredients for the muthiyas in a bowl and make a semi soft dough. I added the yogurt little by little because the zucchini did have a lot of water in it .
- 2. Make cylindrical shapes out of the dough , then steam it for 15 to 20 minutes depending on your steamer.
- 3. When the muthiyas are steamed , keep it to cool
- 4. Cut that into disc shapes and keep it aside.
- 5. In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds wait till it crackles, add whole red chillies , curry leaves, asafoetida and sesame seeds to it . Now add the cut muthiya to it saute it just for a minute thats it your Muthiyas are ready
- 6. Enjoy it with a hot cup of tea
Check these links to see what we all have made for blog hop this month
This recipe has been made as a part of blog hop with Culinary Hoppers