Hello Everybody !!!
Today I am bringing you a recipe which I love so much . Since we are nearing fall , I will be starting to make several fall dishes like soups, stews and chillies and this will be a delicious accompaniment for that . My recipe for today is a delicious Jalapeño Cheddar corn bread made with some home grown fresh jalapeños , sharp cheddar and some fresh corn . Regularly the corn bread recipe is with egg , but I have made it eggless by using flax meal as a substitute. That addition to it made this corn bread a pure vegetarian bread with so much flavour bursting out of it. I drizzled some honey on it , warmed it and had it just like that , it tasted real good like that too . But do try it with your soups/ stews/ chillies , I am sure you won’t stop eating at all. It is a very easy recipe which you can whip it in no time.
I have made this recipe as a part of blog hop with Culinary hoppers . Our theme for this month was bakes , when we decided that I have wanted to do something savoury because I don’t like sweet things that much. I decided on making a corn bread because it’s versatile and I could use the abundant Jalapeños from my garden , so it was a win win situation .
Let’s see how to make this delicious bread
- Corn meal - 2 cups
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Baking Soda - 4 teaspoon
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Butter Milk -2 cups
- Flax eggs- 2 no (Check notes how to make it)
- Melted Butter- 1/2 cup
- Jalapeños- chopped 1/2 cup
- Fresh or Frozen Corn kernels - 1 cup
- Grated sharp cheddar- 1 cup
- 1. Preheat your oven to 400 F , slightly spray your skillet with oil and keep it in the oven while the oven is getting ready . This will help the skillet to remain hot and give the cornbread a nice crust.
- 2. In a bowl mix cornmeal , flour , baking soda and salt .
- 3. In another bowl whisk butter milk , flax eggs and melted butter keep it aside .
- 4. Add this buttermilk mixture to the dry mixture and mix it smooth
- 5. Now add the jalapeños , fresh corn and grated cheese to it .
- 6. Pour this batter in the heated skillet and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes , or till its done . You can check whether its done by inserting a toothpick or a skewer in the middle . If it comes cleans then your cornbread is done .
- 7. You may have to change the temperature according to your oven .
- How to make flax eggs ?
- Mix I tablespoon Flax meal with 3tablespoons water , this will give you one flax egg
This recipe has been made as a part of blog hop with Culinary Hoppers
Please check here to see other delicious bakes from all of us