Happy 150th Canada !!!
My home for past 6 years is 150 years young now. I have a lot of fond memories about this place . I found out my passion for cooking , photography and brought back my passion for sining in my life . I am always thankful about all these little things in my life, to honour those am bringing a recipe for you all
I thought of writing a very simple recipe which you can use it for todays BBQ . Yes we love our BBQ and during this day in particular. I am bringing you all grilled corn in 2 ways , one with a spicy tomatillo salsa and a simple lemon butter . A very simple recipe , easy to make , crowd pleaser as well as a very kid friendly dish. I don’t have many things to say about the recipe because its such an easy recipe. But you must be wondering what is a Tomatillo, it is a Mexican Green tomato which is really tart and used in making various salsa, sauces and dishes. I have attached a picture of some home grown fresh Tomatillo.
Let’s get into the recipe then .
- Whole Corn - 4
- Tomatillo Salsa - 3 to 4 tablespoons (Recipe is written Separate )
- Lemon Butter - as required for flavouring (Recipe in notes)
- 1. Heat your grill according to the instructions , I most certainly prefer a charcoal grill for the best flavour but you can also use the regular propane one for this .
- 2. Place the husked corn on the hot grill , brush some oil on top and grill it for 15 minutes by turning sides or till it is slightly charred like in the picture .
- 3. Spoon the salsa or the lemony butter on top off the corn and enjoy it hot
- 1. Bring the butter to room temperature first , it should be soft enough to whip it.
- 2. My ratio was 1/4 cup butter , half lemon juice and little salt you can change it according to your preference .
- 3. Using a hand held beater whip butter , lemon juice and salt thats it .
- Tomatillo- 2 roughly chopped
- Jalapeno- one whole , you can use more if u need it spicy
- Onions - chopped on tablespoon
- Cilantro- chopped 2 tablespoons
- Lime Juice - 1 tablespoon (If you want it tangy )
- Salt - As needed
- 1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor , pulse it very roughly and in the end check for seasoning.