Hello Everyone !!!!
Hope you all are enjoying this hot weather pheww, am not complaining lol we should all enjoy while it lasts . To beat this summer I am bringing you all a delicious mango black bean salad with a finger licking chipotle lime dressing . Trust me you have got to try this easy to make salad and I promise that you will never go wrong with this recipe . This salad is not only delicious & summery , its also loaded with vegetables and a low calorie dressing which you can make in bulk and freeze it in batches.
I used the King of fruits (Mango) here because its my favourite fruit and its the most summery fruit I can ever think of lol . While growing up during summer times the amount of mangoes we have eaten is unbelievable . So I wanted to make something using that same fruit with a few different flavours in that . I have seen in several TV shows about the abundant use of mangoes (raw & ripe) in Mexican cuisine , that got me thinking about doing something similar . So few days of researching , reading few materials I decided to make a salad using ripe mangoes and black bean with a chipotle dressing . The idea behind this dressing is that I wanted to give some acidity & spice to the salad , and it worked perfect with mango & black bean.
Now let’s see how to make this delicious salad
- Chipotle Chillies - 5 to 6
- Lime Juice - from 2 limes
- Cilantro- Chopped 2 tablespoon
- Garlic- 1 clove
- Paprika- 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive Oil- as needed to blend the dressing
- Salt- as needed
- Mango- diced 1 cup
- Black Bean - cooked 1/2 cup
- Cucumber- diced- 1/4 cup
- Red onions - 2 tablespoons
- Carrot- Grated for garnish
- Cilantro- chopped for garnish
- Salt- if required
- 1. Soak the chipotle chillies in hot water for 30 minutes , you can also buy canned chipotle chillies and use them
- 2. In a food processor place the chillies , lime juice , cilantro , garlic , paprika and salt , blend it till smooth . You can add olive oil little by little to blend it smooth .
- 3. In a bowl place all the ingredients under salad , mix the dressing , chill it for an hour .
- 4. Season and garnish then serve
- 1. I have used canned black beans here , you can also use dried beans . You need to soak it overnight then pressure cook it .